Saturday, May 31, 2014

DrGL Skin Repair Serum Review

Decided to resume blogging! This time with a different direction. Heh.

I, a 22 year old am suffering from what most young adult would suffer from, and that is acne, hair all over the body, feeling too fat.. blablabla. So.. I wanna do reviews on products that i've BOUGHT and used that may have worked for me. UNBIASED reviews! I'm so sick of searching up a company and what comes up is some blogger(no wait A LIST actually) all advertising and raving about the product! The only blogger i think that has most honest reviews is Xiaxue(maybe?).

So recently i've been suffering from a breakout and its been haunting me for the past 6 months(well almost exactly), since my Aussie trip at the start of the year. I think what sparked it was this sunblock i used...


I am a person who NEVER puts on make up(except eyeliner). I think make up makes you look more presentable. I've always wanted to try make up but my skin is acne prone but i'm scared it'll give me breakouts butbutbutt. Even before this breakout i am already struggling to get my complexion right! Highest possibility is that i didn't clean it off properly cos at that point of time i never knew sunblock was actually a kind of "make up". So i washed my face as per normal and shrugged if off after.



This was how bad my acne got.. its not like normal acne. It looks more like clogged pores? They are colorless bumps that scatter all over my forehead(especially) and they never seem to go away no matter how many times i've changed my face wash/pimple cream etc. WORST PART is, they look fine under normal light, but if you have a shadow casted over the face....... I don't wanna scare you but it was that bad. You see how they dont have the obvious white head, its almost rashes-like and well snuggled under my skin lol. I feel like the pictures are not doing justice, it looks more horrifying in person D:

I know.. There are people suffering from worse acne like cystic acne but I FEEL THEM.

Another bad thing was, I was a picker. I just can't stop picking at them. The satisfaction of scratching something out of those bumps is just... shiok. But it really made my skin worse. When i was in sec sch I used to scratch them throughout the lesson and the next day my face would be healed. I guess my skin "metabolism" slowed down over the years :/

So, I got desperate. I was almost tempted to try drX but luckily i found some NON-SPONSORED reviews. Turns out their products were actually kind of meh. Some of them had their situation worsened like their product drying their skin out or didn't work for them etc! PLUS it was expensive to keep up with so... I thought well, find another option.

THEN i stumbled upon this blog where this guy had really bad acne(worse than mine) on his cheeks and he turned to New York Skin Solutions where they blablabtheyhardsellhimbla. Thats where he started talking about his unbiased experience with drGL! He visited their counter in Robinsons and was advised to BUY their Skin Repair Serum($98 for 10ml). He took a Before & After photo and boy did it make a difference! Actually, i can just link you to his blog.

Researched and their products don't come cheap.. But I was so convinced after reading his post and went to email them! 2 Days later, Karen, the manager, called me up and asked if i was free to come down to their Raffles City corner in Robinsons for a consultation cos she was there that day! I was free so i went and blabla THIS WAS MY DAMAGE.


almost fainted when i the cashier told me the grand total.. HAHA. Before i continue, I must say that after so long being a young adult, i only JUST found out that toner, moisturiser and sunblock IS A MUST. I usually never put anything on my face after cleansing, only pimple creams. Random but this video enlightened me better :D CLEANSING, TONING, MOISTERISING.


Anyhooz, Karen didn't hardsell, that was the best part. She was very patient and was very detailed. She told me that girls should start taking care of their skin at 16... hahahaha ooops. 

After near to 2 weeks of using the products, i definitely see improvements on my forehead. It seems like the serum has merged clusters of the tiny bumps into one huge pimple with pus(at a few areas of course). WHICH I THINK IS SO MUCH BETTER! I rather have that than bumpy moon face. 

I will do an update of my forehead... probably after i've finished using the Skin Repair Serum(cuz its DA BOMB).

You can order their products online at http://www.drgl.com or http://www.zalora.sg/drgl/
OR
Head down to any Robinsons and look for their stall! I heard even Sephora carries her products now!


**UPDATE 19 October 2014**
Check out my new post on how i recovered from my breakout here!