Monday, September 1, 2014

My Acne Journey to Recovery

Holla!

I am back again, yes i know i disappeared for abit but i am here to inform you skin 90% acne free!!!!! I don't even know whether it was considered acne anyways. Closed comedones? Clogged pores? As i mentioned before they were colourless bumps all over my forehead with no visible whitehead unless i picked really hard at them.

This will be a post on how i cleared my skin!

A lil more background info, I actually had these bumps back in 2013 too and the cause was using BB cream. But that year i visited the National Skin Centre. I was prescribed with i think 2 months dose of Doxycycline. And together with:
Stiemycin - daytime use


Stieva-A 0.01% - night time use

Went for a follow up visit after i've finished the full course of Doxycycline and pimple free. Told the doctor to give me something slightly stronger because i felt that my skin was getting immune to 0.01%. So he prescribed me Stieva-A 0.025% as seen above. This stronger cream lasted me until the start of 2014 which was the next breakout as written in my previous post. Then... my face got immune to the 0.025% one as well -_-

So I am here to share my journey and the HOLY GRAIL product that diminished them buggers on my forehead.

Ok so where i left off, i mentioned that DrGL's Skin Repair Serum actually helped merge the little bumps together to form big pimples. That actually only lasted for a few days. As i continued to apply the serum on for a week, i realize it ain't working. My skin was back to the square one. I guess that would only help people with the normal acne.

I idled on for afew weeks~months trying new products – sebamed pimple CREAM(not gel) with Garnier's Duo Clean. Didn't work either. I tried my luck at my Stieva-A 0.025% again, didn't work. Was using QV's gentle wash at that time. Went to Japan for holiday, the pharmacist there recommended me Acnes's foam facial wash, also didn't work.


I became sooo sick of trying new products i just gave up. I went on weeks without anything on my face. Cavemen menthod – DIDN'T WORK EITHER. 

One night after dinner, my mom and I were in Guardian and she knows i've been so vexed and upset about my face so she asked me to try Neutrogena's On-the-Spot Acne Treatment. Since my face was already at its worst state, i was like why not. So I bought it together with their Fine Fairness Cleanser.


I wasn't dissapointed
Within 3 days of using these two products, I saw results. The disgusting bumps were shrinking its as though the pimple cream went on a massacre. The feeling daaaaaaaaaamn shiok! I also started to see the whiteheads. The cream dries them out that – idk about other people but it gets itchy(doing its work) and if i scratched/picked at them they just come out as dried pus or scabs. 

The pimple cream did most of the work of course. The facial wash was really mild and smells nice. It doesn't doesn't do much but i think it has made my skin became less oily? Nor does it cause any new acne so i'm gonna stick to it! Its something like Cetaphil but thicker consistency and more pleasant smelling :) My only regret was why didn't i see this earlier or why didn't my mom suggested earlier?!? D:

BEFORE

EWWWWW HAHAHHA

AFTER


No more icky bumps! Ignore puffy eyes i took these 2 pictures this morning after i woke up.... HAHA. I still have occasional pimples here and there during time of the month or if i've been eating heaty stuff and not taking care of my body. Notice my face is really less oily as compared to last time?!?! :D

So i can conclude that Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment is my holy grail product!!!!! 

Side track – Lil tip for you girls.. before you purchase a skin product/make up next time, trying googling "<the product> + makeupalley" For example: "Freeman Facial Clay Mask Makeupalley" or "Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner Makeupalley" Makeupalley has tons of honest reviews!!!!!!!!! So it makes you think twice before you spend that money. Heeee hope this helps!

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored ANY of these products mentioned above and this is my unbiased review. What works for me may or may not work for you ;)

**UPDATE 19 October 2014**
This is my face now, 3 months from recovery! :)